- Our latest publication is out: Identifying and Managing Seizures in Autism
- Treating Autism coming to Basildon, ESSEX
- Treating Autism Roadshow coming to Crawley, Sussex
- Fight to treat autism-related illnesses
- Link between STUTTERING and autism revealed – ACTH treatment effective for both conditions!!!
Treating Autism support, information, guidance and practical help
We aim to provide support, practical help and guidance for families affected by autism in many ways.
Face to face: through our fantastic Treating Autism UK Local Meet-ups and autism conferences and events.
Attending our local meet-ups is a great way of gathering information and sharing experiences with other parents on matters related to biomedical problems in children and adults on the autistic spectrum, and available treatments and interventions for autism. Other therapies, such as speech and language therapy and occupational therapy, are also discussed, as are general topics on autism services, special education matters, financial assistance such as DLA, respite services, the process of getting a diagnosis, latest autism news, and other matters related to caring for an autistic child. Or just pop into your local group to meet other parents in your area, have a relaxing cup of tea and relieve some of the stress of caring for a child with autism.
Contact Us see if there’s a local meet-up group in your area. If not – consider starting one, we’re here to help.
We organise autism conferences and Parent to Parent events where you can meet and hear the stories of other people in your position who have achieved great things for their children through biomedical and other interventions and therapies. Hear their stories of hope, improvements and sometimes even complete recovery from autism.
Lastly, we maintain lists of autism practitioners (medical doctors, nutritionists, homeopaths) and suppliers of goods and services (supplement suppliers and online shops, health food shops, pharmacies, suppliers of special dietary foods) so that you can find the best people to help you. We always want to hear about great companies you find and practitioners you recommend.
Internet Support Groups
Its main focus is on biomedical interventions but parents also discuss schools, statements, Disability Living Allowance and other benefits and the latest news. However it always seems to come back to one central topic – gut problems!
Mandi is the group leader and one of the UK’s most knowledgeable parents. To join this group just click on the link and include information about your situation. Our tip is to set your Email Preferences to No Mail unless you want 100s of emails coming into your Inbox. Your request will be approved by email and then you can access the message board by saving the above link to your favourites. To post a message press post button then type your message. Lots of Yahoo groups have information in their Files section so it is always worth a look in there.
There are dozens of more specialised Yahoo groups to consider as well. Check our links section and also consider those below.
- Apply to the Caudwell Trust for help with biomedical testing / supplements. The Caudwell Trust have been absolutely fantastic in supporting many families who have been unable to afford to fund autism interventions and therapies. You can download an application form online from www.caudwellchildren.com/
- You can also apply for disability living allowance. www.direct.gov.uk/en/disabledpeople/financialsupport
- Those qualifying for the middle rate care component or higher rate DLA can also apply for carers allowance www.direct.gov.uk/en/CaringForSomeone/MoneyMatters/CarersAllowance
- If you qualify for middle rate or higher rate care component DLA you can also apply for increased child tax credits. For further benefits you can apply for www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/FinancialSupport/Introductiontofinancialsupport