- Our latest publication is out: Identifying and Managing Seizures in Autism
- Treating Autism coming to Basildon, ESSEX
- Treating Autism Roadshow coming to Crawley, Sussex
- Fight to treat autism-related illnesses
- Link between STUTTERING and autism revealed – ACTH treatment effective for both conditions!!!
Parents’ stories – from autism diagnosis to treatments, hope and recovery
Most Treating Autism members began the process of helping their children by listening to the stories of other parents, noticing similarities with our own children and our own experiences and proceeding from there to explore possibilities in autism treatments and therapy options, approaches that can lead to improved health and quality of life for our children and adults on the spectrum. Following some of these treatments, sometimes as simple as a change in diet and eating habits, children’s autistic behaviours can be reduced, sometimes significantly, and parents observe an overall reduction in symptoms of autism.
We gain insight and direction from each other’s stories, and also hope, as well as admonitions and warnings. The parents’ stories here have been generously shared by people who have seen improvements in their children’s overall health and behaviour through the use of various biomedical interventions. They recount their experience of the devastation brought by a diagnosis of autism, which then acted as a catalyst for renewed vigour and determination as they set off on their quest to help their children.
Although these are not a series of miraculous cures and complete recoveries from autism, all of these children have made notable, sometimes remarkable progress. These are the stories of hope.
- Ryan’s Recovery, in his OWN words
- Kaylee’s Story of Recovery
- Lilia’s journey
- Our Son’s Journey
- Jamie and his Journey
- Hugo’s story
- Dougie’s Story
- J’s journey of hope
- Full Recovery from Autism
- Fighting for Karl
- Healing my daughter
- S’s Story
- Treating Archie’s Autism
- Joshua – his journey so far
- James’s journey, so far!
- Joseph’s Story
- Jack’s Story
- Hamilton’s Recovery Journey